LLB, BSc (Computer Science)
Telephone: +61 8 6168 5632
Mobile: +61 403 339 178
Shannon practises in general front-end commercial law, with a particular focus on commercial real estate transactions. He has substantial experience in acquisitions and divestments (including real estate, assets and shares), foreign investment applications, real estate developments, commercial leasing, State taxes (land tax, transfer duty and landholder duty), loan arrangements, securities, and other general property and commercial matters.
Shannon acts for a wide range of clients, and maintains an established network of connections with professionals in the Western Australian real estate industry.
He is the property law course director for the Piddington Society’s practical legal training program, and previously acted as an instructor for several years on the property law components of the Leo Cussen Centre for Law’s articled clerks and practical legal training programs.
In addition, Shannon currently serves as Deputy Chair of the Property Council of Australia’s Retail Management Committee, is a sponsor of the Council’s 500 Women in Property program, and has participated as a mentor in the Council’s Future Leaders initiative.
Recognised as a recommended lawyer in the 2020 and 2021 Doyles Guide listings of leading Western Australian property and real estate lawyers, Shannon was also a Business News 40under40 Winner in the professional services category and the 2016 winner of the Property Council’s WA Future Leaders Award in the advisory and transactions category.
Outside of law, Shannon is a life member of the Leeming Spartan Cricket Club, and a co-founder of the Ethan Davies Fellowship, which facilitates collaborative paediatric brain cancer research between the Telethon Kids Institute and other research institutes around the world.
- Acted for a real estate private equity firm on the $9M acquisition of an industrial site
- Acted for a participating syndicate on the $14.5M divestment of a blue-chip industrial site to a local government
- Acted for a developer on an $8.6M fund-through acquisition and development of a metropolitan day hospital
- Acted for a real estate private equity firm on the acquisition of a West Perth office asset (which had been acquired by the seller at a price of $46.5M)
- Acted for a Singaporean company on the $42M divestment of Forrestfield Forum and Forrestfield Marketplace to Hawaiian
- Acted for the seller on the $13.6M divestment of Millstream Shopping Centre to Silverleaf Investments
- Acted for a Queensland-based buyer on the $6.8M acquisition of Collie Central Shopping Centre from Charter Hall REIT
- Acted for the seller on the $24M divestment of an agricultural equipment and machinery business
- Acted for the seller on a company share divestment which resulted in Little Real Estate’s entry into the Perth inner-urban residential real estate market