Michael has over 15 years' experience predominately in general commercial litigation representing private individuals, small businesses, national companies and ASX-listed companies with respect to a wide range of matters including:
- commercial and contract disputes;
- property disputes;
- construction disputes including adjudications under the Construction Contracts Act
- Competition and Consumer Act matters;
- Corporations Act matters including insolvency matters;
- employment law matters; and
- debt recovery.
Michael has worked for well known firms in Perth and Brisbane and has represented clients in various State and Federal Courts and Tribunals around Australia.
Michael’s clients also seek advice from him in relation to front-end commercial and property matters based on his broad-based experience across a wide cross-section of practice areas.
When a potential dispute arises, Michael draws on his experience and knowledge to quickly:
- identify the legal basis for the dispute and any relevant commercial considerations; and
- provide his clients with the advice that they need to enable them to understand their legal position (which includes giving advice about the likely costs of any court proceedings) so that they can make fully informed decisions about how to progress their matters to try to achieve their commercial objectives.
If, for whatever reason, litigation cannot be avoided, Michael provides strong representation and is a formidable adversary who can match it with large and national firms.
Outside of law, Michael has been a director of the East Fremantle Football Club (WAFL) since 2014.
- Representing a subcontractor in a dispute with a head contractor including seeking urgent injunctive relief in the Supreme Court of Western Australia to prevent the developer drawing down on bank guarantees
- Representing an employer with respect to proceedings commenced in the Fair Work Commission by a former managing director
- Representing a building contractor in relation to a series of adjudications under the Construction Contracts Act
- Representing a not-for-profit company in relation to the acquisition of land in Perth’s northern suburbs for a new private school